Friday, September 3, 2010

ELF Mineral Lipsticks Applied on Lips

- Vacation Note -

I am currently on vacation so the following post is an older post that i wrote up a while back. I have already scheduled a few posts to be automatically posted during the course of my vacation so dont worry, there will still be posts to read! I apologize in advance because i dont think i will be getting any internet connection and therefore will not be able to reply to comments and questions. However, please feel free to continue on commenting and emailing as i will for sure reply to all once i come home or if i ever get internet connection. thank you and enjoy!


P.S. - i am most likely going to start my next giveaway when i come back.. so bookmark Pinkbox Makeup and check back for updates of when it'll start and what you can do to win! :D Im still deciding if i should do one bigger giveaway prize or two smaller ones. let me know which one you think is better in the comments!


- and now.. onto the post! -


Remember those mineral lipsticks that i swatched a while back? Well here are the swatches of them applied on my lips. First up, is ELF's Mineral Lipstick in Nicely Nude!This is my favourite out of the 3 that i purchased. It is kind of like a MLBB (my lips but better) but has a slightly deeper pink tint plus a slight golden shimmer in it. Gorgeous :)

note - for all the below swatches, the ones in natural lighting seem to be the closest to what it actually looks like.
 
Top left - applied on bottom lip
Top right - both lips + flash
Bottom left - both lips natural light
Bottom right - lippie

next one up is runaway pink :) This one is very similar to Wet n' Wild's Think Pink in that it is a bubblegum pink shade. The difference is that this one is a slightly deeper shade (not as pale as wnw) and has more of a shine to it rather than being completely matte.


 
Top left - applied on bottom lip

Top right - both lips + flash
Bottom left - both lips natural light
Bottom right - lippie

Last but not least, here is Natural Nymph applied on my lips! This shade is a concealer type nude in that it completely wipes off any pigmentation that your lips originally had. On me, the color completely matches my skintone and blends my lips into the rest of my face. Personally, im not a huge fan of wearing these concealer nudes by themself, but it would be perfect as a base if i wanted to really bring out the color of another lipstick without having to worry about the pigmenation of my lips OR if i had extreme smoky eyes.



and here are the swatches on my hand that i posted up last time

Natural Nymph, Nicely Nude, Runaway Pink

Natural Nymph, Nicely Nude, Runaway Pink

I hope this helps some of you! I always find that lipsticks show up differently on everyone due to the different pigmentation of everyone's lips. So while some shades may be HG for some, it just might not work for others. However, im sure we all dont like to just randomly purchase a lipstick without seeing what it looks like so i do hope these swatches help out a bit :)
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top